Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another Adoption!

(It's not our adoption, but I bet I got your attention, didn't I!?! ...
Mom?  Are you okay?  I hope my mom didn't faint!)


When we were in the midst of our travels this summer to bring home Lil, I received an email from my friend, Jill. She & her husband had decided to adopt a little boy from Reece's Rainbow! I couldn't be happier for them - or for the little guy who will be joining their family.

They have 5 children at home already, but felt moved to adopt - and this will be their first child with Down syndrome.  If you'd like to read more about how they came to the decision to adopt, please hop on over & visit her blog.  She shares not only how they made the decision to adopt - but also how reading about little Miss Ruby really opened the way. I've always thought part of being Ruby's mom was to just get her out in the world, so people can SEE that DS isn't scary, that kids don't "suffer" from it. I'm so touched that our family is a small part of their story - and I'm super excited to get to meet Elijah when he comes home!

Now, you might remember when I had a blog auction for Lily last winter, my friend's daughter made some items (swaddling blanket, crocheted kitchen set) for the auction. That is this same friend - and her daughter, Sarah, is making items to sell & raise money for Elijah's adoption. Sarah is amazing - she recently turned 12, and she has such a heart for orphans and helping others.

Please visit Sarah's new blog, Handiwork for Elijah, and know that any purchase you make will help offset the costs of bringing this sweet little boy to a family.

Elijah, coming soon to a family near me!  :)
Please click here if you'd like to make a tax-deductible donation for his 'ransom'!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Michelle! You're the best! :-)

    By the way, Sarah turned 12 last week. You know how they are about stuff like that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable. I am so glad he is getting a family!

    ReplyDelete